Removing the asbestos from your home will increase its value and ensure that you have a safe environment for your family. There are many legalities involved with the removal of asbestos which is why it is best to get the experts to remove it. We are fully licensed in the removal of asbestos roof sheeting etc. and comply with all regulations. Feel free to look for us on the WorkCover site.
This should give you a brief idea of what is required when handling an asbestos roof removal:
- Initial inspection of roof provides the data needed to apply to remove your roof.
- Application is made to WorkCover for the removal of your asbestos roof. Once the notification is approved, we then notify all relevant parties in writing of the date that we will be removing asbestos in their area.
- We prepare Asbestos Removal Control Plans and Safe Work Method Statements to ensure that all OH&S requirements are met for the safe removal of asbestos.
- On the day of the removal, no one can be on the property.
- Our team arrives, along with the asbestos bins/trucks for removal and their first job is to put up all the warning signage, barriers and temporary fencing. Next they get kitted up and get to work.
- The asbestos material is sprayed down with a PVA/Water solution to stop any loose fibres.
- Asbestos sheeting, etc. once removed must be double-wrapped in 200mu black plastic or placed in bins/trucks lined with these sheeting.
- Once all of the asbestos has been removed, all frame work is wet wiped to ensure no particles remain.
- An inspection of the site is then done by a qualified Inspector and once the Clearance Certificate has been granted, we can then go ahead and get the asbestos waste transported to an approved facility (and this is tracked by GPS), and get on with replacing your roof with Colorbond or Zincalume roofing.
We follow the rules because we want your home to be a safe environment, and we want you and our workers to be safe as well.
For more information or a free quote, contact us now using the Free Quote Request form.