Depends who you ask is one answer but each has advantages and disadvantages.
- A new Colorbond roof is lighter than tiles so it is a good option on old roof where the roof or building structure has begun to sag, crack or twist under the weight of the old tiled roof.
- A new Colorbond roof will also tend to tie the whole roof together making it stronger.
- A tiled roof is more susceptible to severe hail damage than a metal roof as even new tiles can crack with good size hail, whereas the metal may be dented, but not break.
- Steel roofing is also more versatile. It can be used on any pitch and made into all kinds of shapes.
- And arguably, a new Colorbond roof just looks a lot better!