When it comes to choosing the right material for your roof replacement there are many things to consider. From considering the longevity of the roofing materials to how the weather may impact your roof, weighing up your options can be a complex problem.
There is one roofing style that has become extremely popular – metal roofing, this style of roofing comes in a range of styles and colours. What makes this newer style of roofing so popular today?
- Longevity – when you are looking at replacing or building a new roof you want to consider how long it will last you. If you decide to choose metal roofing, you can be sure that it will protect your home for decades to come. Metal roofs can stand up to all types of weather conditions, from freezing cold days to a summer scorcher. For added security and peace of mind many roofing manufacturers offer warranties that can last for years. These warranties are there to protect you from any defects that may cause the roof to break down prematurely. Metal roofs are also available in a range of colours and styles to suit your homes unique design.
- Installation – Roof installations can be physically demanding and dangerous – depending on the height of your house and is not a weekend D.I.Y. project. Professional roofing installers can tackle the installation in no time. You are also secure in the knowledge the roof has been installed correctly and you’ll have nothing to worry about for many years to come.
- Safety – one of your main concerns when choosing a new roof is safety. Picking out a new metal roof for your home is one of the safest choices you can make. Metal roofing is non-combustible and is known for being fire resistant.
- Compatibility – while safety and longevity are two important features you still want a roof that will match in nicely with your home and looks good. Because metal roofing comes in a range of styles and colours you will be able to find the style that suits your home perfectly. You can also find a range of trims that are colour matched to your roof that will finish your roof superbly.
- Energy Efficient – metal roofing is environmentally friendly and also energy efficient as it reflects the suns rays instead of absorbing heat. This helps to keep your homes internal temperature cooler and saves you on air conditioning costs.
- Low Maintenance – Metal roofing is easy to keep looking new as it is resistant to extreme weather conditions and rot. With no annual maintenance needed it will save you time and money. Your roof installation team will be able to tell you, but if you keep your roof free of debris and simply spray it clean with a hose or pressure washer once a year all maintenance is done.