Having your roof inspected is an essential part of your overall household maintenance.
It’s something which is often overlooked or ignored until there is internal damage at which point the Insurance Company will tell you that it won’t cover any roof repairs as the roof has not been regularly maintained. Organizing an inspection can save you a lot of money and hassle in the long run and is worth doing regularly.
WHY YOU NEED REGULAR ROOF INSPECTIONS
Here are the main reasons why it’s essential to keep on top of inspections and roof maintenance:
- Roofs that aren’t maintained will cause leaks and costly damage to the contents of your house.
- If sudden severe weather occurs, such as storms, high winds, and hail, your house is likely to suffer.
- Your insurance company may not pay out for damage from leaking roofs until you have had the roof fixed at your own expense if you have not had regular inspections and maintenance done.
- Any loose tiles or other parts of the roof which can become loose may cause danger to passers-by if they slip off or go flying during windy weather.
- Catching a problem early means you only need to have minimal work done, but if you leave it untended, you could end up with a much bigger and more expensive roof repair.
WHAT YOU NEED TO CONSIDER
If you’re not sure when to organize a roofing inspection, here’s what you need to consider:
- On self-inspection, are there any visible signs of damage or leaks that need immediate repair? Also, check for debris and blocked gutters that might need clearing either by yourself or by a professional.
- Some roof problems may not be evident on self-inspection, and this is where it is invaluable to have a roofing contractor do a thorough inspection regularly.
- Inclement weather tends to occur around late spring on the East coast of Australia, so it’s best to have your roof checked to ensure it is storm-proofed ahead of time.
- Most roof warranties require regular inspections. If you don’t have these done, you run the risk of invalidating your warranty. Make sure you keep all the paperwork of inspections and roof maintenance carried out in case you need to prove you have met the warranty terms.
- Or you just plain don’t want to get on the roof yourself!
HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR INSPECTION
Generally, it’s worth getting your roof looked at once or twice a year. As roofing contractors in Sydney, All Roofing Services provides free inspections, and roof repair and maintenance, offering exceptional professionalism and expertise.
We also provide service contracts where we inspect your roof and make necessary repairs. You can have your inspections scheduled regularly over the contract period and that way you never have to worry about forgetting to look after your roof.
Contact All Roofing Services for a free inspection or advice on tel: 8086 2059.